My grandmother, with whom I share the same middle name, used to sing a little song to me when I was little prior to tickling me with her fingers (which posed as a bee), "There once was a bee who lived in a tree; and all he could do was bzzzzz sting, sting, sting sting...." (then the tickling ensued).

This site is in memory of her and the warmth all grandmothers and mothers give in making good food and creating memories in the kitchen.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Baked Chicken Penne Pasta


Ingredients
  • 16 oz. Penne pasta 
  • 1 c. heavy whipping cream
  • 3-4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
  • 2 to 3 cloves garlic, crushed OR garlic salt (I do a spoonful of crushed garlic)
  • 1 Tbsp. pepper (I used about half of this)
  • 1/2 c. butter
  • 1 lb. bacon, crumpled
  • 1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 1 (12 oz) Lawry’s mesquite marinade with lime juice
Instructions
  • Place chicken in crock pot with bottle of marinade on low for 6 hours.
  • Pull marinated chicken out of the juices, allow to cool a little bit, and shred (I pull it apart).
  • Set this aside.
  • About a half-hour before serving, boil the pasta.
  • In a small saucepan, melt butter, add garlic, whipping cream, pepper, parmesan cheese, and crumpled bacon.
  • Whisk together on low heat for 3-4 minutes. In a large bowl, pour over cooked, drained pasta, add chicken and stir through.
  • Sprinkle a little bit more shredded parmesan cheese on top.
  • Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment