Friday, January 23, 2015

A Wonderful Spinach Salad

I rarely meet a salad I don't like. In fact, they excite me.
Recently, I went with a couple of friends to eat lunch at this cute bistro and ordered the spinach salad.
What a refreshing change this little salad was. I know, it's not all that unique, but I was expecting the typical fruity, red-tinted vinaigrette with strawberries. However, it came out with a creamy dressing adorned with oranges and most likely a goat cheese -- which I also love.

Reflecting upon how much I really enjoyed that salad, I later called the bistro and asked them what kind of dressing it was. They politely told me it was a poppy seed dressing. I immediately thought of this dressing:

So, you can imagine the next time I went to the grocery store, I bought it! It was the perfect dressing. Who knows if that's what they used, but I was able to recreate the recipe and add a little variation of my own. In fact, I don't know that it is anything like it other than the spinach and recipe clone. But, here's what has been making me giddy this week for lunch -- accompanied by my caffeine free diet Coke, of course. 

Spinach Salad -- Makes One Lovely Serving
1 bunch of baby spinach
2 thinly sliced mushrooms
1/4 c. sliced mozzarella cheese
1/2 can of mandarin oranges (save the other half in the fridge for tomorrow's lunch)
Grilled Chicken Breast, sliced thinly
Top with Litehouse Poppy Seed Dressing

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment